Silences. Isnt it in these moments of silences interspersed between broken words, that we actually talk? Where my tongue runs out of words to tell you what it feels like, my silence steps in. Perhaps we should have our own language. Our language of silences and hummings, with words acting just as pauses in between. And when that silence steps in, I listen to the cars that pass by in your city, the rattle of the plates in your kitchen and all of those small sounds around you, and feel like I'm living it myself. I could keep doing that for hours. Listen to your life without the unnecessary interruption of our voices, and feel like I am in it, here at the other end of the line. I smile, ecstatically. Maybe you can see it. I dont know.
Popular posts from this blog
First Prize in the State level extempore speech competition by All Kerela Balajanasakhyam
A Letter to JNU
Dear JNU, We are living in bizarre times,literally. Everybody's firing nationalism from all corners. You need to get certificates of nationalism to be proved that you're a "True Indian".Just criticizing the repressive apparatus makes you anti-national. Talking about the real issues that people face in India makes you anti-national. What is happening right now is too hard to even comprehend because this is against the very idea of India that our constitution talks about. What is really ironical in this situation is that people who actually strive to alleviate the many problems that we as a country face are called anti-national,while those who let lose fascism and endanger the ideals of our constitution, teach us what nationalism is.What I don't understand is why do they consider it a taboo when the woes of the people of the nation are raised?Why is it that they ...
Comments
Post a Comment