Let Me Cry For You

Doesn't the scarlet hue painted across your countenance ,
torture your five year old mind?
Doesn't your broken limbs and scarred temple weigh down upon your shoulders?
Doesn't your body twitch in pain and vexation?
Doesn't the agony make you cry out loud?

Oh! I'm sorry.
I'm sorry, I forgot that your small,credulous eyes ,
have ran out of water to shed,
I forgot that your lips;dark crimson;
haven't tasted the salt in your tears,
I forgot that you were born to the sound
of the mortars that spit and the drones that dance.

I forgot that you've never listened to your mother's lullabies
or to the clatter of the colourful toys,
I forgot that you've never tuned in to bedtime stories
of fairies and superheroes who fill your pot of wonder to the brim,
I forgot that you've never had frivolous squabbles with your brother
whose inanimate cadaver you haven't yet seen,
I forgot that your childhood was drowned
 in the scarlet ocean,whittled down, inch by inch
by ravenous creatures of war.

I forgot that every day you wake up to death,
I forgot, that after all, you weren't me.

The same world though we share;you and I;
separated do we remain by unfathomable,impenetrable veils of  horror.
There is magic in your blood,power in your eyes
and love in your every move.

Your tears may have wilted and drooped,
But mine is still fresh and ripe;
So let me cry for you,Omran;
Let me cry for you.

Comments

  1. Marvellous Suruma. Best Wishes for your earnest endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written Keep writing Surma. all the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written Keep writing Surma. all the best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!