One wish I ask for

I wish I had a time machine.So that I could travel to the times of the Delhi Sultans or the Mughals or the Rajputs. I wish I was a princess in the court of some ruler. I wish I had a chance to live in a palace that boasts of architecture that serves royalty, with gardens and halls where I would dance to the alluring tunes that steals the hearts of the captivated audience!. I wish I could adorn myself with beautiful Anarkalis or Lehengas studded with jewels that make your eyes blink.I wish I could learn the perfect skills of artillery and sword fighting so that I would be able to challenge even the bravest of men with perfect grace. I wish the generations to come would revere me as the fiercest of all women. I wish I knew how people lived in the times of war and struggles.I just wish so badly that I could experience all of it!
      I, as a child have always shown a particular reverence to historical structures.They have never failed to give me goosebumps,wherever they are. My last visit to Golconda was something I cannot ever forget in my life.Those massive structures erected out of stone gave me a hair raising experience.To know that I was standing in the same place where the Koh-i-noor diamond sparkled in all its majesty,where rulers of the past carved out their destinies,where dancers have danced their hearts out, where traps were laid and plans were made,where successes and failures resonated was an out-of-the-world experience for me. 
     Why I am writing this article right now is because I came to see two historical videos recently-Bajirao Mastani(whose trailer I saw) and Jodhaa Akbar which re-ignited in me my lost desires. The kind of ambiance that the movies have created has actually built in me the lust to live in the era of the emperors and Maharajahs.The palaces ,the lives of the  rulers and the royal family  and the historical incidences that they depict is inspiring. And whenever I see them I have this irresistible tendency to stand in front of the mirror and imagine myself doing what they do- the dances,fights and songs. I have got so addicted to this desire that I'm right now reading a historical fiction on the Mughals that give a much deeper literary  insight into their lives.
        Well,I do agree that life in the 21st century is much safer and better than that in the 12th or the
14th centuries.I do agree that there is more equality now-whether it be caste or gender.I do agree that in this world there is more scope for individual development.That you can stay connected to the entire world.That you can go  to schools and can have quality education. That you have more freedom.I agree to all that.Totally.
         But one chance.One chance to go back into time is all that I ask for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!