The Surprise Party

The 5th of October this year was a very special and eventful day.Besides being World Teacher's Day,it was my my birthday as well.-my day! Oh!Dear!. Please don't brag me about treats and feasts!We're not the celebration people. My birthdays usually get over like any other day except for the new clothes or the dining outs. Cake cuttings are something that I've dropped back in 3rd or 4th grade. But absolutely no complaints.I totally love the way my birthdays go and I would always love to keep it subtle and simple.But being human means accepting occasional changes!
                      Before talking about the day,let me talk about our gang-The JAKAFAS.The name simply represents the first letter of each of our names-Jasmin, Alan, Krista, Anna, Fidha, Alza and Sandra. The seven of us have been in the same class for the last 2 years. I can't say we're best buddies;none of us can. But we're good friends and we mean it-we are good friends.
                     So these friends of mine decide to throw a surprise party for me on my birthday.They said that the plans had been cooking since September though I could not get any smell.I need to admit that the planning did pay.And of course!My parents were also part of the plans. They helped my friends to execute the plans with  great finesse.
                     It had been the last day of our summative exams which made it all the more convenient for them. So besides being a birthday party it  happened to be an end of the exam party as well! We usually stay for a few minutes outside our exam rooms to bid farewell to each other.But that day I noticed that some of them had already left though it did not give me any clue of what was actually happening in  the background.
                            In bus, I had been too tired that day and the roads were unusually busy. It took at least half an hour more for me to reach my bus stop than usual. My dad was waiting at the bus stop and I could read nothing from his excited face(something that I made out when I joined the dots backward).I unlocked the front gates and BANG!The two  packets of party poppers and the birthday wishes did all the talking. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the 6 of them inside my home. Balloons were scattered on the verandah -clear signs of party ahead! I saw my dad laughing at me with a face that read 'Pattiche!'-You've been made a fool of!
             
                     They gave me an extremely large card and a tiny mug that reads-"There are a million reasons to celebrate you".They even bought a delicious cake from Supreme. We later on had a nice time clicking photos and bursting balloons that read "Happy Anniversary" instead of a "happy birthday"! I cut the cake after a very long time against the backdrop of the birthday song. What awaited us was a wonderful biriyani and 'deep fried' chicken lollipops with ice creams- everything planned by my parents without my knowledge.We watched TV and cracked jokes till  parents came in one by one.And I bid farewell to them one by one.
         They said they reached home half an hour before me(conveyance arranged by Alan) and was disappointed to see that the gates were locked.Then my courageous friend Anna decided to climb the  gates and open the small gate that we lock from inside.They said they had a good time inflating balloons and clicking selfies in our garden till the moment they heard the car motoring its way to my house. I had great fun watching these videos that our CCTV had caught.
                            It is awe inspiring, what they've done for me as friends. And the effort and planning that went into it often strikes me. It indeed had been one of my best birthdays.One of the best surprises in my life hitherto.Something to think and laugh about when at the end of this year,we say goodbye and part ways!
The balloons that accidentlv read Happy Anniversary

Our entire gang plus balloons!

The cake

Me cutting the cake

Eating Biriyani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!