Nostalgia

I was rushing in and out of my house,
Trying my luck at getting
Everything in order
The bustle of the vehicles on the road,
The tinkling of the plates in the kitchen,
The uproar of the kids inside,
When all of a sudden ,
I tripped and fell
Fell over something yonder
Fell over something hard!
My eyes couldn't believe
What I beheld ,nor could it deny
It was my age old toy,
My all time companion
Lying before me, as it was,
All in place,fair and well,
The talking bunny!
Memories flooded my head,
As I saw my bunny,
Now in my middle ages,
I find it more than wierd,
But back then it seemed more than a toy
It had been my sole true mate
To  whom I kept no gaps,no distance,
To whom words would flow out,
Like a stream flowing into the river!
My brain was saturated with emotions,
As I saw this motionless creature.
Once my life was centred around it,
When all my joys and sorrows it knew,
Or so I thought!
Nostalgia...it fills my soul!
It reminded me,
Made me peek,
Peek into those colorful days
When all I would do was play,play and play,
With zest and zeal ,
With my bunny!
Its long ears captivated me,
Its red yes looked appealing,
Its limbs made me joyous
Its wide mouth with bunny teeth
Indulged me into histerics.
Now all I know is that
Its nothing, but my own reflection,
My own response
Nothing but me,
Nostalgia!
The bunny, I know , won't be
Forever with me.
But I do know ,fair and well,
That the memories it has given me
The thoughts,the emotions,
The nostalgia,
Will last for a hundred years or more,
Till I cease to be nothing but dust,
Till I cease to be nothing but nostalgia!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!