Mortars and Shells Around...

Where am I?
In which world,or....
Is this any world?
All I see is abstractness,
My mind is blank.....
I know not .

I can see the smoke unfurling,

Steam rolling the ray of hope!
I see fire rising ,
Rising up above,
I can hear the frail cries
All around me
It puts me in distress
Where in the holy world, am I?

People running hither thither

Motionless bodies,thousands of them on the floor
Handless,headless,figure less!
The buildings crumpled,
Not one left untouched!
Where in the holy world ,am I?

Men and women huddle together

 Newborns struggling with life
Children running out,
Naked with fright.

There goes another bomb

Or is it a missile,
Or probably a canon
Or is it the shattered lives
Flying high as they can?
I know not.

Yet another child waking up,

To the melancholy of his nation,
To the itinerary song, 
Of the mortars and shells,
To the drain of happiness!
When will brutality fall back?
When will it lose might?
Or is it our destiny?
Is it our fate?
To carry with us the wailing of the dead?

When will peace reach its zenith?

Truth its glory?
Or is it just another pathway of life?
I know not...I know not...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!