THE STARS

When exactly did I start
Noticing the beautiful world around me
The trees , the plants, The flowers
The sky the moon
 And Oh! the stars!

Those twinkling little buddies
Used to wink at me
From high above
Their faces wide with a heavenly smile
Those belles
The stars!

They gripped my heart,
They enveloped me,
I felt as if I had ,
A hundred thousands with me;
The stars

But …,I saw a few of them,
Down ,down on the earth,
On  the streets,at homes,
With people,as humans,
I saw those stars!

They did not have fair skin,
Nor did they have blue eyes,
But yet ,really beautiful…
Their pure heart!

They had the heart,
The heart to care,
The heart to love,
The heart to share pain
The heart with concern and compassion.

Lending their helping hand
To a forlorn brother;
Bringing back the smile
In atleast a face;
Inspiring  a heavy lot,
And make them take heart again.

They may not be found in pictures
Of the pantheons of the greats
Hanging on official walls
The songs of their deeds
May not be sung, nor praised.

But they do have
A greater place,a much greater one
In God’s heart;the purest heart
Where they will reign forever.

The twinkling specimens of life,
The stars-
The stars of the earth!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!