THE CIRCUS

      THE CIRCUS


I saw the tip,
A shiny corner of-I don't get it !
But as I budged on further,
I saw myself gazing-
gazing at those flashy lights,
red ,green and blue,
Widespread like those moist moss!
I glided on towards the lights,where
The unveiled rustic walls charmed my eyes,
Their dusty corners innoculated
With whatsover-spiders,flies and bugs!
I gazed,astounded,rooted ,at the
Humongous circus tent,
My first circus ,yes  the circus!

The ether was rushy,
Everyone seemed to be swishy,
To stir from their spots;
All awaiting the circus show.

I managed to wriggle around
and get through,
Get through the enormous tent-
All dark inside, tightened at corners!
I perceived the susceptibility,
Of the earth around;tangled
With ropes here and there.
That flex of the circus company,
Attracted the eyes,
As I scanned around,
Ornamented with glittering garlands,
Colours and those illuminations!

As the performers neared,
With  zeal, aquired from yore;
The spectators cheered with zest;
Their minds,set on to the visuals.
They came ignoring the perils,
They came like gymnasts,
Just walked through the trapeze
Jumped and swung ,as easy so.

Everything seemed serene,
Nothing and nobody was nonchalant!
None splinched nor fluctuated,
Even as they jumped ,twisted,
Flung and danced through
The flimsy wires and rolling table tops.
They flipped and flopped, but not a flaw
They climbed on to the other,
but never knocked them out.
They stood on the ropes ,but failed to fall!

They were mesmerising.
My body, tip to toe,feasted on them.
They were appetising,
they were sublime!

My eyes were piercing them
Those brave magicians;
They made us laugh
They bewildered us!
But down from the podium
What might be their lives,
Their feelings,their matter of existence.
Plenty for me to gather on that,
Despicably let me say,as such!

Even then the circus seduces me,
With its might men and their,
Tremendous tricks lauded by all.
As I walked back from the threshold,
I behold the view of the circus men,
Deserted in the way of life
With not a soul to make them laugh
To bewilder them ;

The circus!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!