LONELINESS

I wandered along the lonely streets,
In the presence of light,
Couldn't remember how I'm here,
Walking along the empty ways!


I dreamt one day,
Of corals and fishes,
Of lakes and trees,
And a dozen more.....


But my dream,of seas and landscapes;
Nothing could I see.
Just the dark empty streets,
Of an unknown place.


My temptations to reach
My destination;
But my legs are not allowing me
They're holding me back!


The more I walk,the more I rest.
Am getting old, I realize,
I think,'must be here all time'
But my faith and hope,
Keeps me travelling
Near and far,here and there.


Only to reach another place of loneliness.........
And never to my destination!



Comments

  1. I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


    Suruma! Can you tell me who wrote these lines?
    I loved your poem! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!