OUR FAREWELL

On the 18th of February 2010,the 4th standard had a farewell party as we were leaving the primary classes.I was very excited on that particular day.Most of us used a handbag because there were no studies.The only things I carried were some snacks,a bottle of water,my rough book and my diary.Many asked me why I brought this handbag of my mother and my reply was today's specialty-OUR FAREWELL!

I talked with some of my friends and prayed for the time to pass quickly.I was selected for a speech there at our chapel ,explaining my experiences in the primary classes.

Finally when the bell rang we ran up to the chapel. When we reached the chapel,we removed our shoes and kept it outside the open space. The chaplain was already waiting for us but our principal was not there. So the chaplain taught us a very nice song.

At last the principal came. He gave a long speech,and so we had a great mind to play at that time!We had a song and Bible reading by two of our teachers.Then came our speech.A student from each class came to deliver the speech.It was my turn first as my division was A.Most of the speeches had lines saying that our headmistress was very nice.After our speeches we got gifts from the principal-a small card!We went to our classes happily and played lots of games.Our class teacher allowed us to change our places as it was a day for enjoyment.

We had to go to the canteen at 10:30 am .We were surprised, as we were not hungry and it was not the usual the time we eat. Anyhow, going to the canteen made us feel more happy. We ate some parathas,chicken curry and an ice cream.It was a fantastic meal.I and my friend ate fast and went to our classes.

We nearly played for an hour when the teacher called us for the interesting part of the farewell!THE MOVIE.We had a projector in our school auditorium so, film was shown there. We prayed to show us a nice film like three idiots or some others. But to our misfortune,we got a bad English film and the projector didn't produce sound.We were dumbstruck.Our teachers told us to see the film without hearing any sound.What a suggestion!We couldn't understand a word of it. However they asked us to close our eyes and open it only when they say the computer is ready. And of course, we didn't open our eyes at all for the computer didn't get ready.Two periods got lost.

There came in front of us ,the last period!It was a Monday and according to our timetable,Mondays last period was P.T,and the teacher allowed us to go for P.T.So we were not much sad about the film.We conducted a cricket match between classes IV A and IV C.The IV C girls didn't even know how to play cricket so we won the match!

It was time,the bell rang,time to go home after a long day.Time to tell our younger and older friends about this day.And time to tell our parents and relatives about our farewell.We waved goodbye to each other and got in to our buses and travelled far away till no one could see each other.

Comments

  1. Beautiful narration of the farewell day. It was not entirely fun, as I can make out. But that is life, isn't it? Sometimes we have to listen to long speechs and the sound system of the movie may not work. It was news to me that you are a cricket player as well. Are you a batswoman or a bowler?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!