On that Rainy Day

It was on the 3rd of October. The day when the 2010 Delhi commonwealth games started.We didn’t have a television, so we went to my cousin’s house to see the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games.It was raining heavily outside the car but we ignored it.Still the rain grew heavier.Thank God we had an umbrella.

As soon as we reached my cousin’s house ,the electricity went off!. What a badluck! We got into the house and after some time the current came but went again. This is called ‘Thalelezhuthu’. I didn’t have the luck to see the opening ceremony so we went back to our house.

The way back to our house was studded with water. It really had the effect of flood. The water was upto the upper part of the car’s tyre. I saw smoke coming out from a bike. The bike was almost drowned. A boy showed his palm towards us and I was even more scared. My mother asked so many people if this car would go through the water. But no reply from them. My heart really jumped out from my ribs!. But my mother was not so scared. She rode the car sternly and the car got back into the normal road. My heart was positioned back to my ribs!.

We at last reached home and I was relaxed. The next day an uncle came to connect the cable to the T.V

After that I not only saw the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games but the closing ceremony too!

Comments

  1. I had quite a laugh reading about your little heart jumping out of the ribs and then getting back into the ribs once again.
    Bad luck you didn't see the opening ceremony live. But seeing its recorded version next day is as good as seeing it live, isn't it?
    Uncle liked your narrative skill very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Write!

Tora Rang Man Bhayo Nizamuddin!